Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Peanut Chicken

This is a family recipe from my side of the family that has turned into one of our favorite recipes. Everyone who I've shared this with seems to love it. The combination may sound weird, but it is so tasty. I especially like that it is a no oven required meal, which makes it appropriate for summer when I don't want to heat up the house.





Peanut Chicken


2 chicken breasts (about 3/4 lbs)
4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp shredded ginger (I get mine in a jar)
1 large red bell pepper diced into 3/4 inch pieces
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup picante sauce (we use medium heat)
2 Tbs creamy peanut butter

Marinate chicken in soy, garlic and ginger for 10 minutes. Heat oil in stir fry pan over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and saute until fragrant. Remove pepper and add chicken. Saute until no longer pink. Meanwhile, mix picante sauce with peanut butter until mostly smooth. Add sauce to pan and heat until bubbly. Add to chicken with bell pepper and heat through. Serve with rice. Makes 2-3 servings.

Nutritional Info for Chicken (rice not included): Calories: 300, Fat: 10.6 g (2 Sat, .9 Poly, 3.8 Mono), Carbs: 10 g, Fiber 1.2

1 comment:

  1. We had this again just last night! I also add onions and diced carrots. Sometimes even zuchinni if I have it.
    -Kenadi

    ReplyDelete