Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins

One of our favorite restaurants in town serves freshly baked mini muffins instead of bread. The Palace is a Cajun restaurant here in Santa Barbara. They serve banana nut, molasses and cheddar/jalapeno corn muffins. I was making my Turkey Chili Pasta tonight and thought some "homemade" Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins would be a great accompaniment. I was worried about the ratios of peppers & cheese, but these were great! I might use one more jalapeno next time if I want a little more kick, but as a subtle side dish, the heat was perfect. I'm going to enter this into the "Tasty Tools" blogging event for April over at Joelen's Culinary Adventures, since this month is muffin pans.
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Muffins
1 Package Corn Muffin Mix (I used Jiffy)
1-2 Jalapenos, seeds & ribs removed
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 Egg
1/3 cup milk
Dice jalapeno into very fine pieces (or pulse in food processor until chopped into fine pieces). Mix with all remaining ingredients. Allow to rest for 5 minutes, then pour into greased muffin pan or cupcake liners. Fill about 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 205.1, Fat: 8.5g (4.3 Sat, .2 Poly, 1.2 Mono), Carbs: 28g, Fiber: .1g

2 comments:

  1. Looks like another awesome Mexican inspired recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!Thanks for sharing this recipe,Chads of Chapala used to serve some complementary mini muffins and the jalapeno ones were my favorite. I'm dying to tri ur recipe...as soon as I can go back to my favorite grocery stores. I hope You guys are safe.

    ReplyDelete