Saturday, May 23, 2009

Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops

I have mentioned before that my husband has an aversion to pork. He does enjoy pork in shredded pork tacos, and as long as the pork is cooked to done, but not too tough, he seems to do okay. So I thought that this recipe from Erica's Cooking Adventures would be great, since most everything cooked in the slow cooker comes out tender and cooked through just fine. I was so shocked when these chops came out pink after 8 hours of cooking. I ate them and thought they were tasty, but I don't mind pork that is a little pink. The husband was freaking out just watching me eat these. He ate the mashed potatoes and gravy. No pork. I might try these again and cook for 10 hours, or maybe try with chicken breast, but in the meantime, I'll continue to look for a good slow cooker recipe for pork.



Slow Cooker Ranch Pork Chops
4-5 pork chops (I used 4 medium thick boneless chops)
4-8 ou cream cheese (I used 4 oz low fat)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
4 T butter (I used 2 T butter, 2 T I can't Believe It's Not Butter Stick)
Place the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until butter is melted and cream cheese is softened.Remove from microwave and mix in the cream of chicken and Ranch packet. Place the pork chops in the crockpot and pour the cream cheese mixture over top. Cook on high 5-6 or low 7-8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment