Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Artichoke Chicken

Oh my, how I love this recipe! I'm a California girl, so I love me some artichokes, and artichoke dip is so sinfully good. This recipe takes those flavors and adds chicken. I inhaled this meal. The husband likes it too, but ate it at the speed of a normal person. I think that is why I try not to order artichoke dip when we go out very often. I love it too much, and I eat way more than my fair share. This is a nice at home treat, and it isn't nearly as bad for you as restaurant artichoke dip, especially with the reduced fat ingredients I use (if you can't tell, I have no problem with low fat versions of products, I'm just not that picky about that sort of thing).

Artichoke Chicken (adapted from Allrecipes)
2 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 can artichoke heart quarters (not marinated!) - you can save the other 1/2 can for pasta, mmm!
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 Tbs reduced fat mayo
1/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
1 clove garlic
salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375. Season chicken with salt & pepper, place in a shallow baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, combine artichokes, sour cream, mayo, garlic and parm cheese. Mix well. Top each chicken breast with 1/2 the mixture. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until juices run clear and artichoke mixture just starts to brown.

Nutrition Info: Calories: 386.2, Fat: 15.6g (6.5 Sat, .9 Poly, 2.9 Mono) Carbs: 11.3g, Fiber: 3.9g

No comments:

Post a Comment