Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Book #13 - Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler

I had heard really good things about this book and then couldn't find it anywhere. Borders near my house, Barnes & Noble, and the Library were all out. So when I finally found it at Borders while on an extended shopping trip... (Ooops! I mean work break!) I picked it up. No doubt, this was a funny book. I think Chelsea's style of writing is not for me, however. I find her style to be a bit over the top obnoxious (which is fine, just not my style of comedy), even on TV, and when given the opportunity to be mostly censor free in her books, she runs with it. I wasn't offended or anything, just didn't find it as laugh out loud funny as I thought it would be. I think those who find her really funny on TV would probably love this book, but I should have thought this one through before I bought it just because I finally found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment