Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Breakfast Cupcakes!

This recipe was starred in my Google Reader for a few months.  It really seemed like an easy "real" breakfast that I could adapt to my own tastes.  I don't know why I waited so long to try it, but lately, I've been trying to eat real food for breakfast instead of my usual Slim Fast shake (it is so easy, it is hard to resist at work!).  After I made these the first time, I was shocked to discover that the Weight Watchers points on these are only 2 each!  So I could have two of these and still have a breakfast that is fewer points than that much less filling shake.  Sign me up!
Breakfast Cupcakes (from The Rookie Chef)
1/2 cup Eggbeaters (or other egg substitute)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (low fat is okay here and what I used)
Chopped Vegetables such as bell peppers/onions (I used about a half  cup chopped peppers & onions from a frozen bag!  So easy)
3 turkey sausage links, cooked and chopped
Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.  Combine all ingredients into a bowl (I just used the 2 cup measuring cup that I used to measure the egg!).  Divide among the muffin cups (the number of muffins will vary by the amount of veggies you use, I got 5 out of my first try, 4 out of the second).  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the tops are set and just golden brown.  Serve with ketchup or Tabasco or eat plain.


No comments:

Post a Comment