Friday, January 13, 2012

Lets Hear it for the Lemons!

This blog periodically hints at the fact that I'm from Santa Barbara.  I'm really lucky to live here and I definitely try and live it up by enjoying the lifestyle as much as I can.  What most readers don't realize is that while I was raised in Santa Barbara proper, I've lived in the neighboring city, Goleta, for the last 15 years (wow, I had to calculate that a few times to realize how long it has been!).  Goleta hosts the California Lemon Festival every year in October, and the park in which it is held is quite close to where we live.  It is really a great little festival and includes a really cool classic car show on Saturday.  2011 was the first year in a long time that the husband and I were able to go to the Lemon Festival together, and the first year ever for him to actually see the classic cars.  We really made quite a day out of it, strolling through the cars, eating some yummy treats and waiting in a really long line for the above treat, only to be told they were out of whole pies, so we had to come back and wait in the really long line AGAIN!  It was definitely worth it.  I highly recommend other Californians to visit Santa Barbara's lesser known sibling, Goleta, for the Lemon Festival and to get at least a slice of pie.  You won't regret it!

Full disclaimer: Usually I wouldn't post something about a pie I didn't bake, but my husband really wanted this up on the blog, he was so excited about this pie.  Now back to your regular (or not so regular) posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment