Monday, January 19, 2009

First 2009 Book - Audacity of Hope - Barack Obama

I bet some of you were wondering when the first "tale" portion of Tastes, Tales and Tours was going to appear. I had several books in the works when I decided to drop all of them in favor of finishing "The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama by Tuesday's inauguration. It is pretty crystal clear that I am a democrat, so my views of this book are obviously skewed by my party lines, but I was also raised in a very conservative family (who are quite disappointed in my current political viewpoints). While I agree with Barack and therefore this book, politically, most of the time, there were certainly times when he was just a little too far left, even for me. The best part of this book, however, were the many times when his words inspired me. I'm hopeful for the future 4 years (at least) in this country where we have the potential for our well spoken, well educated president's words to inspire us to do better things. Democrat or Republican, I would encourage anyone to read this book to futher understand where Obama will be steering this country. But then, I've been sipping a lot of his Kool-Aid and love this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment