Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baked Breaded Chicken

This is a staple for us. It is like Shake-N-Bake, but it is more homemade and it is probably my favorite way to have chicken. I especially like that I can customize the underlying flavors to my husband's likings (lemon pepper) and my own (garlic powder). It is a great trick I learned from Paula Dean that if you season the chicken before egging and breading, it locks in the flavor.

Breaded Baked Chicken
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 4-6 oz each
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
Preferred seasoning (try cajun seasoning, garlic pepper, lemon pepper, etc.)
cooking spray
Season chicken breasts with preferred seasoning. Dip in egg and then in bread crumbs and place in a shallow baking pan, coated with cooking spray (or "Misto'd" with olive oil). Bake uncovered at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and spray top of chicken with additional spray. Return to oven for 5-10 more minutes or until chicken is crispy and golden.
Nutrition Info for one breast: Calories: 303.1, Fat: 4.6g (.9 Sat, .6 Poly, .9 Mono), Carbs: 24.2g, Fiber: 1.6g

No comments:

Post a Comment