Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chiles Rellenos Casserole


Since this was going to be one of the only nights I was going to have time to cook something fun this week (we’ve had a lot going on), I thought I would take on Chiles Rellenos Casserole from my Cooking Light cookbook. Well, my husband came home from his bike ride just as I was thinking about getting started, and wanted to take a walk to tell me all about his fun rides today. Since I love going for walks and he really did have a good day of riding, I accepted. However, this meal does take a really long time to make! We didn’t eat until after 8:00. I can’t post the recipe because Cooking Light likes to hunt down bloggers and frighten them for “stealing recipes.” I followed the linked recipe pretty closely, but I used an extra can of chiles (which meant using slightly less batter at the end), I used black refried beans and I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken. The results were fantastic, I loved the additional chiles! The batter creates a nice soufflé texture around the turkey/beans/chiles filling. This also tastes really good as leftovers, which is good, because I’m getting a little tired of my standard lunch fare this week and I’m ready for leftovers for lunch!

Nutrition Info: Calories: 335, Fat: 9g (4.5 Sat, 1.6 Poly, 2.7 Mono), Carbs: 37.7g, Fiber: 5.5g

No comments:

Post a Comment