Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Giada's Chicken & Pastina



This is the second time I've cooked this dish. We enjoyed it the first time around, but this time, my husband said "This doesn't even compare it is so much better, you shouldn't even talk about the first time this was made." I only made a couple of changes, and most of them were to try and lighten up the dish, actually, but something about this just really came together this time. I think part of it was using the smallest high quality pasta I could find (De Cecco's Farfalline, so cute!), which really absorbed the sauce much better than the small shells I used the first time. Giada's recipe can be found here. My changes are that I use two 6 oz chicken breasts instead of just a 1/2 cup, I use basil instead of parsley and I add about a 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes to make the flavor a little more grown up. My "healthy" changes this time around were using low fat mozzerella cheese (okay in this application because it is mixed in and not melted on top), using 1 Tbs of olive oil instead of two, spraying the pan with Pam instead of buttering, and using a Tbs of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" stick instead of butter to brown the top.
Nutrition Info with changes listed above: Calories: 377, Fat: 13.1g (4.8 Sat, 1.1 Poly, 4.1 Mono), Carbs: 29.6g, Fiber: 2.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment