Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Book #8: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime

One of the books on the famous "1001 Books to read in a Lifetime" was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon. I had seen this around, but was inspired to read it when I saw it on this list of books. The entire story (fiction) is told from the first person perspective of a 15 year old autistic boy. I was very impressed with the author's ability to tell the story while still keeping the consistency required to maintain the main character's integrity. The story is unique in that it tells of great emotional turmoil in the life of the main character, who cannot fathom emotions due to his autism. I enjoyed this book and it was an easy read. I recommend it to anyone who is looking to understand autism better.

No comments:

Post a Comment