Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chicken Piccata Pasta

I love Chicken Piccata when it is done right. Our local italian fast food place, Presto Pasta, makes a delicious Piccata that is saucy, lemony and buttery. I decided I wanted to make this at home, but I've had a hard time finding a recipe that has the right mix of wine, butter, lemon and capers. So I decided to just wing it, but started with Rachael Ray's Base recipe (here). What I came up with was not exactly as good as Presto Pasta's, but it seemed to look better than the Rachael Ray recipe, and my husband and I decided that we would not adjust the ratio at all, just increase all of it to make more sauce. Here is what I came up with:



Chicken Piccata Pasta
12 Oz Chicken Tenderloin, cut into bite size pieces
2 Tbs All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbs Butter or butter substitute
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 Cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
6 oz uncooked pasta
2 Tbs capers, drained
2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley

Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine Flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper in ziploc. Shake to mix. Add chicken pieces in small batches and shake to coat. Reserve remaining flour. Cook chicken over medium high heat in 1 Tbs butter until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Add remaining butter and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add reserved flour mixture and cook for 1 minute. Add lemon juice, wine & stock. Cook, stirring frequently to scrape up bits from pan. After sauce thickens, add chicken back in, then add capers. Stir to combine and simmer until heated through. Serve over cooked pasta and top with fresh chopped parsley. Makes 2 large servings (as shown in the picture)

Nutrition Info when made with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter": Calories: 462, Fat: 8.9g (2.2 Sat, 2.3 Poly, 2.1 Mono), Carbs: 44.4g, Fiber: 6.6g

No comments:

Post a Comment