Monday, March 9, 2009

Orange Picante Pork Chops

I have never tried grilled pork chops. I have heard that is one of the best ways to enjoy them, and I had all the ingredients for this recipe (From Campbell's Kitchen) on hand, and they were all ingredients that I wanted to use up. I had high hopes. While I do think that grilled pork chops have a lot of potential, I don't think this is the right recipe. They looked beautiful, but the flavor just didn't get absorbed enough in the hour of marinating, and the flavor wasn't sweet enough to be sweet from the OJ and wasn't spicy enough to be spicy from the picante sauce. I'm going to keep looking for a good pork marinade for grilling. In the meantime, look at how pretty these looked in the natural light of daylight savings time!


Nutrition Info for 1 pork chop: Calories: 202.9, Fat: 11.1g (3.8 Sat, 1.2 Poly, 4.9 Mono), Carbs: 3.1g, Fiber: .1g

No comments:

Post a Comment