Monday, June 8, 2009

Sun Dried Tomato and Laughing Cow Stuffed Chicken

Stuffed chicken is a great concept. You take boring chicken and turn it into a vessel for extraordinary yumminess and creativity. I've tried chicken stuffed with Laughing Cow cheese before, and I really liked it, but thought, "why stop there?" I came up with this idea for stuffed chicken with Laughing Cow cheese and sun dried tomato on my way home from work tonight and knew I had to try it for myself (Roger is not a fan of sun-dried tomatoes, surprisingly). He got plain Laughing Cow chicken, but I had a delicious culinary experience!

Sun Dried Tomato and Laughing Cow Stuffed Chicken by me! (inspired by a million Laughing Cow chicken recipes on the internet, but none like this)
2 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 wedges garlic herb style Laughing Cow Cheese
4 Tbs sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
4-6 large fresh basil leaves
2 tsp garlic powder
1 egg, lightly scrambled in a shallow dish
1/2 cup bread crumbs in a shallow dish
cooking spray

Carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast, taking care not to slice all the way through. Cut each cheese wedge into approx. 1/3 pieces. Insert into chicken pocket evenly and then press down on the outside to make an even layer. Add approx. 2 Tbs of drained tomatoes into each chicken breast pocket, distributing evenly. Top cheese/tomato mixture with 2-3 basil leaves per breast. Press down to seal pocket, securing with toothpicks if necessary. Season breasts with garlic powder, then dip into egg and bread crumbs, taking care to coat evenly. Place on a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray and cook for 20 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees. Spray tops of chicken with a light layer of cooking spray and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes more until tops are crispy and golden.

2 comments:

  1. Addition of sundried tomatoes = brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I have some sun dried tomatoes I'll need to use up so I just might be making this dish soon!

    ReplyDelete